Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jumping Back In!

Realized that I haven't revisited this blog in quite some time. I could blame it on a lot of things - but I won't. Instead - I am going to attempt (once again) to focus and to capture where I am in my learning about "21st Century Literacy."

I am not even sure that is a good term any more: 21st Century. We are already here. And much of the reading I have been doing seems to indicate that much of what is being touted as a 21st Century skill is really "old school": creativity, problem solving, collaboration. The thing is - it is incredibly urgent now.

Yes - I said urgent. By now all know the world is flat and we should think with a different side of our brain and we need to find the tipping point in our wikinomic world to create a new digital citizen. Things are changing exponentially. The trick is - how?

How do we move an out-of-date and entrenched educational system into a new way thinking? Of doing? Of being?

Please don't look here for any answers. Please look here for more questions and for what I have been learning and to push my thinking so that I don't live in an echo chamber.

No comments: